PC constantly crashing mid-application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo_233

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
My Windows 10 machine keeps constantly crashing mid-way through any game/application I am currently running. I've looked at solutions for other similar issues but I haven't seen any that have worked for my machine. I'm thinking it may be a CPU issue but no matter what diagnostics tests I run I'm lead to believe it may be an issue with Windows 10. Here's what I've done to try to solve the issue myself:

• Switch out the GPU with that of another machine
    Reinstalled windows 10 twice on my SSD
    Ran several memory diagnostics tests
    Disabled all non-windows startup programs
    reinstalled all drivers
    Re-secured all connections to my desktop and its internal components
I also run a new DxDiag test and each time it results in a different issue (sometimes LiveKernalEvent, RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 or just a random application like Microsoft Edge crashing [APPCRASH]) .

How would I diagnose the problem as a hardware or software issue at this point?

Specs:
Rosewill Stryker ATX M case
AMD FX 9590 Vishera 8 core CPU
Corsair H75 CPU cooler
Thermaltake 750w PSU
GSkill sniper 8GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 970 GPU // GTX 1060 Windforce OC
Gigabyte GA-990 FXA-UD3 R5 (AM3/AM3+) Motherboard

ssoussana

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
When you say midway, are you talking about gaming for a specific period of time (say over an hour), and then the game crashes? Is it all games? When you say crash, does the system shut off? Does it shoot you back to windows? Do you get an error message?

Depending on these scenarios, it may be overheating or a PSU issue. Also please share all your system specs.

Steveo_233

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

The time it takes for the computer to crash tends to vary depending on how long I've been using an application. For example, if I begin playing a random game (Battlefield for example) it may take a good half hour for the game to crash. But after the initial crash it seems to take a shorter amount of time to crash. I'll also post my specs momentarily. Also the computer just seems to freeze up indefinitely to the point where I have no control over the system except manually shutting it off and turning it back on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.