Long BIOS time unrelated to startup programs

Vile23

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
My BIOS time is 11.7 seconds which is quite long considering I have an SSD and my previous BIOS time used to be around 5-6 seconds. I tried disabling the startup programs but nothing's changed so I am wondering if it's something related to hardware or there is something else I am missing?
Specs are: i5 4460
GTX 970
16GB DDR3
SAMSUNG EVO 850
Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3

Solution
Does it actually take that long to boot or is it just saying it does on the windows task manager/start up tab? I only ask as the 2nd time isn't very accurate and can show insanely long times which aren't even close to reality (up to 30 minutes)

the 2nd time is meant to show how long it takes the bios to hand control to windows, removing start up programs won't change that.

Could check gigabyte site and see if you have latest chipset/SATA drivers & or bios

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does it actually take that long to boot or is it just saying it does on the windows task manager/start up tab? I only ask as the 2nd time isn't very accurate and can show insanely long times which aren't even close to reality (up to 30 minutes)

the 2nd time is meant to show how long it takes the bios to hand control to windows, removing start up programs won't change that.

Could check gigabyte site and see if you have latest chipset/SATA drivers & or bios

Solution