Windows 10 BSOD: Critical_Process_Died

NoahShrine

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
I have been constantly getting shutdown while surfing the web or something with a BSOD with the error code: critical_process_died. It does not seem to occur when gaming, just idling or surfing. I just installed new ram and thought that was the problem but I ran a memory test and it said no issues detected. I also ran a check disk and everything was fine there as well. I also ran sfc scan in command prompt yet everything still checked out. I made sure my drivers were up to date, which they are. I am clueless as to what the issue is. This is the 7th time it has restarted on me in the past 3 days. And yes, it does restart from the blue screen. Dump Files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!An7MBgKWz0gokH5tfVczVewXibxE

UPDATE: My C: drive was getting full so I moved a 20gb game to another hard drive. Then mysteriously my C: drive was full again a day later. Still getting constant BSODs except with different stop codes now. Random game crashes also occur. Computer seems to be running slower than normal and it just seems to be struggling. I have tried adwCleaner and Malwarebytes but nothing seems to work.

Solution
system bugchecked because of calls from one of your
services.exe broke rpcrt4.dll which crashed the system.
services.exe is a generic name so you have use a tool to figure out which actual file is involved in the problem. task manager (resource monitor) or better to download process explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

you could also go to your services control panel and stop some 3rd party services until you find the one that causes the problem. I think rpcrt4.dll
is a remote procedure call run time, I would be looking at a remote program like LogMeIn which you have installed.

this driver also will corrupt memory on your system, there is on updated driver, you just have to remove it and...

NoahShrine

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015

I deleted the old ones from when it first started happening. And for some reason the one drive link isn't working.

system bugchecked because of calls from one of your
services.exe broke rpcrt4.dll which crashed the system.
services.exe is a generic name so you have use a tool to figure out which actual file is involved in the problem. task manager (resource monitor) or better to download process explorer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

you could also go to your services control panel and stop some 3rd party services until you find the one that causes the problem. I think rpcrt4.dll
is a remote procedure call run time, I would be looking at a remote program like LogMeIn which you have installed.

this driver also will corrupt memory on your system, there is on updated driver, you just have to remove it and the uninstaller actually does not work so you have to uninstall it via the windows pnputil.exe command.
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013

Solution