Difference between G-Sync and Sony Truemotion

Solution
2 totally different things m8 Gsync and freesync are used in gaming monitors to have an adaptive HZ rate of the panel to match the output frames a second of a graphics card. They do this by lowering the hz of the screen when the PC cannot keep the frame rate high enough so the HZ and the FPS are always equal and syncronised.

TruMotion, Motion Rate, MotionFlow, Clear Action, AquaMotion are all ways made up by TV manufacturers to do the opposite for TV to maintain 120hz instead of lowering the hz displayed they make frames up and merge frames and insert black frames etc.. to maintain the 120hz when they are not getting 120 frames a second which works great in a movie but you dont want your screen making stuff up in a shooting game.

PaulBlack

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
2 totally different things m8 Gsync and freesync are used in gaming monitors to have an adaptive HZ rate of the panel to match the output frames a second of a graphics card. They do this by lowering the hz of the screen when the PC cannot keep the frame rate high enough so the HZ and the FPS are always equal and syncronised.

TruMotion, Motion Rate, MotionFlow, Clear Action, AquaMotion are all ways made up by TV manufacturers to do the opposite for TV to maintain 120hz instead of lowering the hz displayed they make frames up and merge frames and insert black frames etc.. to maintain the 120hz when they are not getting 120 frames a second which works great in a movie but you dont want your screen making stuff up in a shooting game.

Solution
Inserting black frames has nothing to do with interpolation tech. Lightboost is a totally different tech. Interpolation adds a noticeable amount of input lag so you don't want to game with it on. I would say it does not do the opposite since gsync isn't removing frames. Interpolation does not maintain hz, it's constant like all normal displays, just the fps changes.

Gsync is syncing the display to the gpu. Interpolation is adding frames. I can understand why they could be brought up together because they could both affect smoothness but they are for completely different reasons. Regular vsync adds input lag and stutters below native hz and that's why gsync was made. Interpolation is for smoothness but with an algorithm creating frames from existing frames, you get the soap opera effect and to some people like me, I can easily tell how fake the movement is.