Microphone not working

NoName42

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I recently bought a new headset. And the microphone only works on one application.
I tried to uninstall the driver but still does not work. I let the mic access to all applications but does not work.
The microphone worked on all the other computers just in my not.

Solution
Is this a USB headset?
If so, try using a different USB Port, with my old motherboard, certain USB ports wouldnt pick up my microphone. However it doesnt seem this is your problem as it works on one aplication....

What application does it work on ? and on the applications that it doesnt work on, are there settings that allow you to select a specific microphone/device?
Try to unplug and plug it in to see if it starts downloading software, if its already installed try reinstalling and then restarting your computer.

Hope this helps!

MountainDewIt

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Is this a USB headset?
If so, try using a different USB Port, with my old motherboard, certain USB ports wouldnt pick up my microphone. However it doesnt seem this is your problem as it works on one aplication....

What application does it work on ? and on the applications that it doesnt work on, are there settings that allow you to select a specific microphone/device?
Try to unplug and plug it in to see if it starts downloading software, if its already installed try reinstalling and then restarting your computer.

Hope this helps!

Solution