My PC has suddenly started crashing when playing resource intensive Games. Please help!!!

Vedant_B

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
Hi Everybody.

I'm creating this thread because my computer has recently started to crash for no reason whatsoever. It was working perfectly last night, but when I turned it on today it started to crash a few seconds into intensive 3D Games.
I recently changed (about 1.5 weeks ago) the CPU cooler to a Enermax Liqmax 240mm Liquid Cooler, so I don't quite think that it is a cooling issue. I'm also not fully sure if it is the CPU's problem (I have an fx-8350), however, I feel that the most likely cause is the CPU.

N.B. Usually the CPU is OC at 4.7GHz. However, I resented all BIOS settings to normal and it is still crashing at 4.0GHz, which is the standard Clock Speed of the FX-8350.

The Games it has currently crashed on are:

Grand Theft Auto V
Arma III
The Crew

Any would be really appreciate!

Thank You,
Vedant

Samaratin

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
I would suggest checking temps on cpu while it's doing the intensive games. what were your temps before the switch? Did you apply thermal paste? did you install the new cooler properly?

Vedant_B

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

I just checked them, the temperatures get to about 50 Centigrade. I did apply thermal paste after removing the old paste with isopropyl and I'm pretty sure I installed it properly as the temps dropped about 15-20 centigrades at idle once I changed from air to liquid.