Dual monitors on GPU, gaming, loss in performance?

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
So, if I were to have 2 monitors and ofcourse connect them both to my GPU (1060 xtreme gaming 6G) but only use one for gaming, so the other for other stuff like browsing and whatnot, would I see a loss in performance in terms of gaming on the one used for gaming? As in if I were to be browsing or watching a video on one monitor and gaming on the other.

Q: Would I see a loss in performance and would it be significant enough?

Solution
Depends on your CPU and RAM. Usually, if you're browsing Chrome on your 2nd monitor with 8GB RAM, chances are in a modern game you'll not have enough memory to do both. So you'll stutter when playing games.

Usually though you'll be fine and the performance suffered isn't significant, unless the game really takes up most of your system memory.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Depends on your CPU and RAM. Usually, if you're browsing Chrome on your 2nd monitor with 8GB RAM, chances are in a modern game you'll not have enough memory to do both. So you'll stutter when playing games.

Usually though you'll be fine and the performance suffered isn't significant, unless the game really takes up most of your system memory.

Solution