Toshiba laptop takes ages to start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy_Diamond

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
My Toshiba Satellite L50- B931 takes too long to start up. It's always on a black screen before it finally boots up, I updated it to Windows 10 last year and had no problems whatsoever but since 2 months ago it took minutes to start and now about 30 minutes or sometimes close to an hour! I've looked everywhere but I couldn't find anything helpful, please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Provided your laptop BIOS and remaining drivers are all up to date, perhaps it'd be a good idea to reinstall your OS once you've backed up your critical files. Might I ask how old your laptop may be at this point? HDD wear and tear can cause the HDD to exhibit slow boot times(outside of a corrupt installation/OS).

Speedy_Diamond

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Lutfij: It's about 2 years old now. I tried to turn it on now but it just didn't turn on, the power button lights up and the LED indicator showing that it's on lights and it charges with the LED indicator for that also lighting up. I've been trying for around 2 hours now I did leave my laptop throughout the night on so I don't have to wait for it to turn on again but it went to sleep.

Speedy_Diamond

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I've finally fixed it! I did a simple static discharge by removing my laptop's battery and held the power button for 30 seconds after testing it out with the charger cable plugged in and it worked! It still took several seconds but considering how long it used to take, I'm genuinely happy about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.