Monitor has green light, but no picture

Pwuffin

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017
So, i recently bought a msi gtx 1060 3gb, and everything had worked fine for a couple hours, i finished gaming and turned off my computer, next day, i tried to turn on my pc but nothing happens, eventually the monitor light goes to green but its just a black screen, i have tried: reseating the card, changing ram, checked to see that all cables are plugged, resetting bios, but its always the same result. I can't even get to the bios, although, i tried pressing the keys i usually do to get past the bios, and i have heard the windows noise, but there is no display. Please help me!!!

Solution
Just to be sure, are you connecting the monitor to the video card or the motherboard's integrated outputs? Are all external energy cables connected to the video card? (6/8 pin or whatever)

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
Do you have another monitor to test the computer? Or better yet, a TV? What monitor and video output are you using? It sounds to me like some sort of damaged connector as Windows does load according to what you said. If you don't have a TV or a spare monitor, is there a way for you to use another monitor input and another output from the video card?