Windows Recovery Error 0xc0000225 when Bootable USB plugged in

Toby Zellmer

Reputable
May 14, 2015
So a couple of days ago I was tweaking/ overclocking my system in BIOS. About a week before this I had downloaded Windows 10, and had previously not done any overclocking in BIOS in Windows 10, where as I used to in Windows 7. Regardless, after one restart I got the error message "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired..... Error code: 0xc0000225". I didn't have a USB or disc prepared as the new update was simply done online. I went over to my surface pro and downloaded the ISO and the regular USB download from the media creation application from the windows website. I returned to BIOS, set boot sequence to match USB and still got an error. I then downloaded/ applied the ISO using Rufus, and still receive this error. Any suggestions are welcome, as I need this fixed ASAP, as this acts as my work computer when not in the office.

EDIT: I forgot to add that when I boot through the USB, I get the "Press any button to boot from USB..." and continuously press buttons on my keyboard and get no response. Eventually I get to the black screen with Windows logo in blue, that eventually kicks back to the 0xc0000225 error.

Toby Zellmer

Reputable
May 14, 2015

So last night I tried with a fresh USB and it still didn't work. I unplugged my 1TB drive that is the OS, to boot from my 500gb backup hard drive, and got error 0xc000000e. I am still looking into what this error is. I might end up going to a computer store and have them reset my 500GB and use that to host a clean OS and send files from my TB over to that.