Windows 10 black screen and no login problem

wllhiggins

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
So ive turned on my pc today and found that when i log in my screen stay's black but i have a cursor but could get in to task manger and msconfig ,so i followed a number of instruction's on how to fix this ,they all failed i then tried booting in safe mode didnt change anything.

I then went back in to task manger and tried a clean boot ,o disabled all services and programs and restarted my pc now when i go to log in there's no log in box ( the one i would enter my password in) ,ive tried blind typing it in but have had no luck , if anyone has any idea's it would be much apreciated. Thanks

Solution
it sounds like the user is damaged or a problem with the hard disk itself, try to boot and make a chkdsk on that partition to discard errors with files or errors with free space on the partition

windows can run some of those tools from the recovery mode but sounds like you can't reach that point and is better to run that from another disk

if you can boot with a recovery disk like hirens, see if you can save the files of that user, found in c:\users\theexactnameofyouruser in another disk or at least another folder in c:\

only save what you need like desktop, my documents, downloads and pictures, videos and similar folder

don't save appdata or any other files stored there, only the folders or the files important to you, once you can...

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
it sounds like the user is damaged or a problem with the hard disk itself, try to boot and make a chkdsk on that partition to discard errors with files or errors with free space on the partition

windows can run some of those tools from the recovery mode but sounds like you can't reach that point and is better to run that from another disk

if you can boot with a recovery disk like hirens, see if you can save the files of that user, found in c:\users\theexactnameofyouruser in another disk or at least another folder in c:\

only save what you need like desktop, my documents, downloads and pictures, videos and similar folder

don't save appdata or any other files stored there, only the folders or the files important to you, once you can enter as administrator on your pc, not using the user that doesn't work, create a new user, load that new user and then paste the files form the previous user in the new one

if you see that those steps helped, you can decide later if delete the damagged user or attempt other steps to recover it, or leave it there, unused, just in case you need it in the future

Solution

wllhiggins

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014

hi mate ,how would i go about making a chkdsk?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
can you load another user? if you can, form the windows explorer right click on c and properties, then tools tab, in the check errors, pres that button

it will tell you that the check will be made in the next boot, if you reboot and this check doesn't happen, try again to set it, once i had a pc that refused to do it, the third time was the one

if you can load another user, use it to save the files from the hard disk into another disk, just in case you are experiencing the first stages of a hard disk failure

if you can't enter in any user, you can download and use a livecd like hirens to run that chkdsk, there are other recovery tools but this one is the most popular but on some recent pcs with uefi, this tool doesn't work

SYED MUBARAK MEHDI

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
Okay, there are few things which could workout for this issue,

1. REMOVE RAM FROM RAM SLOT CLEAN IT AND RE-INSERT.
2. CLEAR STATIC MEMORY,
. Remove all Power Supply
. press and hold Power Button for few second
. Now reconnect all the power cables and switch on
3. Connect an external monitor and check display resolution compatibility
4. some times IT MIGHT BE GPU PROBLEM......

HOPE YOU WILL GET AN IDEA WITH THIS TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE...

THANKS

SYED