Tango And Daydream In One Phone: Asus’ ZenFone AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
The Zenfone 3 Deluxe I had...."had".....was a disappointment. It's still a good phone, but did not meet my expectations as a flagship phone. Bad camera (at first), weak battery, 1080p res, weird finger print sensor......, but 6GB of ram was good.

This one seems much better. It at least has 2016 phone specs. I would give ASUS a couple more years to catch up with the rest of the guys. Number #1 complaint about their phones...ZenUI Bloatware. I could get used to ZenUI, but the bloatware is just too much. I like what Motorola/Lenovo did to their skin....left it almost stock with very few bloatware.

If I were to guess the price of this phone upon release....it probably be $799+

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
This is based on Snapdragon 821, whereas Lenovo Phab 2 Pro uses the 652. So, it's the higher-spec of the two Tango phones, and the only one that can do Daydream.

However, the Phab 2 Pro was already $500, which makes me worried to think what this will cost.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
It will be available exclusively on Verizon
Boooo!! We have three Phab 2 Pro phones, and cell contracts for none of them. I don't even want to think about what it would take to get my employer to buy a non-standard phone from a cell carrier that I'd guess is not their standard carrier. Even if they already use Verizon, it's not standard for developers to have phones with corporate contracts - and that will surely create a couple headaches, right there.

I'm so glad Lenovo was first to market, with a Tango phone. I'm predicting a brisk trade in grey-market imports of unlocked ZenFone AR handsets. Early accounts are that it's superior to the Phab 2 Pro, in several important ways.

and the price is still TBD.
I'd guess somewhere between $650 and $800.

Status
Not open for further replies.