HDMI issues LG flatron m2294d

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
i dunno what it is. but after deciding to switch from VGA to HDMI ive noticed that quite a few things are wrong. ive noticed constant screen flickering from time to time. Gamma and color saturation is just... Whow! like super intense. and sometimes not at periodic times but just randomly. the display with just show blackness. monitor is still on an a signal is still being received otherwise if it wasn't the monitor will show me with a little box saying no signal.

and then the display will come back. i dont think its a HDMI issue or at least i hope not. ive tried both HDMI ports and still get the same results

the monitor is native 1680x1050
full spec list is here > http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/LG-Flatron-M2294D-22inch-Monitor--LCDTV-DVI-HDMI-Black-LCD-TFT-Panel_28493.html

its just a single monitor setup and using a Nvidia GT640 OC card which has VGA - DVI - HDMI

but yeah can anyone help me out here in solving this issue ? also should i look into getting a DVI cable ? or will that cause the same problem as HDMI cause they are both digital cables ?

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i never experienced such situation, have you tried with a different hdmi cable

the only way i can replicate saturated colors or something similar over hdmi is with my playstation 3 that has some color features over the hdmi that can be enabled and disabled

the model you mention is more a tv than a monitor, see if it has any form of color restriction over hdmi in the menu

it says that it also has dvi, if you want to try that and it works, then you have problems with hdmi port or cable

Rokeugon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

dont have any other HDMI to test with as i said at the started i wanted to switch from VGA to HDMI so just got a amazon basics HDMI cable.

also the monitor as far as ive seen gives no info if it has HDMI RGB restrictions or anything like that.