computer won't boot automatically to ssd

lmao pls help

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I just built a new pc (first time) everything is running well and i successfully installed windows 10 on my ssd. However when I restart my computer, it boots as if there is not an operating system installed. It boots to the menu that has the option of entering bios . I've tried changing the boot order to have the ssd first, but that doesn't seem to work. I can boot up from the ssd manually and everything works fine, though. Is there a setting in bios that can resolve this? Additional info: new ssd, new motherboard, and it runs UEFI BIOS. I can provided more info if needed. Thanks!

Did you have multiple drives installed in the machine when you installed Windows?
If the boot drive was the hard drive but you selected the SSD to install, the files required to boot would have been installed to the hard drive.
Remove any drives other than the SSD and try to do a repair on Windows. If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall with just the SSD in the machine.
Once you have it working, then connect any additional hard drives.

billis_1

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

I have the same problem. Have you fixed it yet? If so how? Thanks in advance

lmao pls help

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

No I haven't been able to fix this problem, however I have had no other problems and when I boot manually it's boots fine and quickly.