How to calibrate 2 monitors?

Sdr123

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015
Hello,
I just got a second display for my setup but 1 monitor is a monitor with a tn panel that I use for gaming and the other on is a monitor with an IPS panel which I use for watching youtube, browsing the web, etc. so the monitors are quiet different.
I was wondering if there was some kind of free program that calibrate my monitors so they look as much the same as possible.
I know there is the Spyder 4/5 Elite but this is really expensive and I would have to buy it.
I would like to know if there was a program that does the same job for free.
or maybe a cheap paid program.

Solution
depends on your monitor in nvidia control panel my old samsung had a lot of extra colour options that my new benq ips doesnt have

was at the bottom of either

adjust desktop colour settings or

adjust video colour settings tab

cant quite remember which one
You can rent colorimeters and spectrometers so you don't have to buy it but because of the use, just do it by eye. I'd just use http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ or other online ones instead of installing software. It's still the same, doing it by eye, which is not the same as with a meter.

Sdr123

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015

thanks but i was actually looking for something that does it automatically but the link you send me is good, i actually forgot there was one built in to windows. thanks

Sdr123

Reputable
Aug 20, 2015

I used lagom.nl but on my ips monitor , white looks way different it looks so good on my ips but on my tn monitor, white looks more yellow'ish/blue'ish depends on how i change my color temps. I've been playing around with it for a while but i can't seem to get it to be totally how i wanted it to be.
I think if i higher my brightness, I could make it look quiet similar but then it's gonna hurt my eyes after long sessions, do you know how I can get my monitor's white look more clear without having to higher my brightness any more?

depends on your monitor in nvidia control panel my old samsung had a lot of extra colour options that my new benq ips doesnt have

was at the bottom of either

adjust desktop colour settings or

adjust video colour settings tab

cant quite remember which one

Solution