My computer can't connect to VGA Monitor

Bohdan_1

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
When I bought my new pc, i realised that both my MOBO and Graphics have only DVI port. I've already bought some VGA-DVI reduction, but it didn't work. I can connect it to my TV at least, but thats all. Could it be caused by absence of the display's utilities? (PC has no internet connection now, so it can't be installed autmatically. Hope you guys can hepl me to solve it soon.

Motherboard:
MSI Z170A Tomahawk
Graphics:
PALIT GeForce GTX 1050 StormX

Thx for any solutions

Solution

You need a DVI-VGA (ACTIVE) converter to be able to do this, and this WILL ONLY work if your use DVI to VGA. you MUST stay using VGA, you cannot bring the cable connection back up to DVI.

The best result, you need to just go out and buy a DVI cable. <--- Easiest...

bailojustin

Distinguished

You need a DVI-VGA (ACTIVE) converter to be able to do this, and this WILL ONLY work if your use DVI to VGA. you MUST stay using VGA, you cannot bring the cable connection back up to DVI.

The best result, you need to just go out and buy a DVI cable. <--- Easiest and fastest answer.

The reason being, you are trying to convert a Digital signal from the GPU into an Analog Signal(VGA) then back to a Digital signal if you were trying to connect it to the DVI.

DVI-DIgital Video, VGA- Analog Video, 2 different types.

Solution

Bohdan_1

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017

My display is competely new, so maybe I'll just return it and buy a DVI one

TRENDING THREADS