USB 3.0 not in device manager

Rhys_6

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Right this is getting silly ...

USB 3.0 don't show up in device manager. I have windows 10 MSI pro carbon 970a motherboard , fx 8350 processor and a r9 380x graphics card. The USB 2.0 work fine ,alough the 3.0 don't they did after clean install until I restart without installing any drivers .The problem seems to be after much trial error something to do with graphics drivers beacuse when I take out the graphics card and place it in the secound PCI express port they working until I restart and there gone again. This time before restarting I installed the latest correct drivers from MSI for the USB 3.0and they installed fine.so I place the graphics card back in the top PCI express port and they work again until I restart. I've tryed unistalling/deleting the graphics drivers ,disabling power management for the usbs uninstalling all host controllers for usbs and many other methods from several other forums ,I have even sent the motherboard back to the retailer but they found nothing wrong and sent it back....

If you guys need any more info please say....

And for all them that will say just gunna have to live with it or dnt buy MSI I can't and I already did

Please help ....

Solution
I don't see anything that would do this in the bios so perhaps its a pcie conflict. Please try clearing the cmos via the jumper on the motherbd and see if that helps. I didn't see a Reset Configuration Data option in the bios... :(

popatim

Titan
I don't see anything that would do this in the bios so perhaps its a pcie conflict. Please try clearing the cmos via the jumper on the motherbd and see if that helps. I didn't see a Reset Configuration Data option in the bios... :(

Solution

Rhys_7

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017

Rhys_6

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
HI popatim thanks for helping me out.

But yes i have reset the c-mos many times/flashed bios to latest version. i should mention i have windows 10..but if i boot and go to the bios its says there is nothing connect to those usb ports.

thanks again