Game Crash, Failed Defrag, and Several BSODs...

itsame

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
So, Since starting to play XCom 2, I have run into a slew of computer issues, such as hot CPU temps. my attempts to map temps led to my first in game BSoD.
Looking into this led to others.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have no idea what I've gotten myself into, or where to even begin.

Thanks in advance!

How do I upload my dump files here?

Geef

Distinguished
Even though XCOM 2 has been known to crash a lot I don't think the game would be a reason for your PC to start having those problems. I think the problems just started around the same time you got XCOM 2.
If the CPU is getting hot then start out by checking the CPU Cooler and make sure simple things like the fan is working. If it is and you still have high temps then you have two choices. If your a computer person then take off the cooler and clean off/replace the thermal paste. If your not a computer person then get someone you know to fix it or take it in. (Stuff like this is one reason I've always told my friends to buy the full extended repair warranty when buying a computer)

itsame

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
Unfortunately, that doesn't even begin to answer my question.

The computer in it's current build is 1 month old as I just upgraded my cooling system from the stock fan. Everything there is in working order.

Please address the BSoD issues in further responces.

itsame

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016

Geef, if you cannot relay useful information pertaining to my BSoD issues, plase do not keep posting. I could uninstall XCom2 and still have the issues I am posting about. The game is the least of my worries.