Upgrading PC but using old monitors?

ixodid

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015
I currently have an eight-year-old HP Win 7 64-bit and two Dell 2007wpf monitors that date to 2009.

Because of the PC's age and sluggishness, I plan on buying a new PC.

Some of the sluggishness issues seem to be related to the video card and/or its drivers. For instance, when I disabled the Aero theme, it clearly made a difference in being able to execute certain operations more quickly.

Another symptom is that sometimes using Photoshop and other programs, I see a thin horizontal line near the top of one or both of the monitors.

I've attempted to update the video drivers, but Windows tells me that I already have the most recent drivers.

My question:

What are the chances that getting a new PC will remedy the issues that are related to the video card? I ask because I wonder if even though I'll have a new machine, will the drivers limit how well the new machine performs, video-wise?

Thank you

Solution
Hey ixodid,

They aren't the best screens but the areo themes issue should be fixed with a new PC, GPU, etc. I checked the specs and you should upgrade soon if you are going to get a today kind of PC. I would maybe stick with those monitors for a a month or two but once you have your machine and realize how much more power it has compared to now, you'll want new screens to show its potential.

:)

- LE
Hey ixodid,

They aren't the best screens but the areo themes issue should be fixed with a new PC, GPU, etc. I checked the specs and you should upgrade soon if you are going to get a today kind of PC. I would maybe stick with those monitors for a a month or two but once you have your machine and realize how much more power it has compared to now, you'll want new screens to show its potential.

:)

- LE

Solution