private messages from tomshardware - anybody there?

McVitas

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Hello, I have a problem. My thread was deleted. I put a big effor into getting all that info. I replied to the private message asking kindly to have this explained. Is there a chance that somebody replies to me or is this just a robot and the responsible moderator is hiding behind it not ever reading such PM replies? Not very friendly approach IMHO...

McVitas

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Oh such a horrible deed I commited :-\ I just wonder if deleting that reply and warning me woudn't be enough. Why the whole thread had to be deleted? Fortunately I have posted it to reddit as well so it's not lost. You are pretty strict here.
I wonder what you think about somebody posting something with a subject like "pleaze help!!" for example. I think it is even worse then bumping one's own thread after few days of inactivity... This should be in the rules as well. For example superuser.com has it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Bumping is indeed covered in our rules. No worries. Now you know. Have a good day!

See here: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2668512/tom-forums.html

Don't...

1. Post in ALL CAPS or use excessive punctuation!!!

2. Share personal information, like your email address. Identify theft is real.

3. Bump posts, claim "first!"

4. Hijack a topic. Stick to the original conversation.

5. Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection – this includes trying to bypass forgotten administrator passwords and BIOS passwords on your computer. We also will not help you try to get around any IP bans.

6. Ask for help on completing homework assignments. We are happy to help you learn something new, but we won’t do your work for you!

7. Necro post. If a thread is clearly old and the discussion is over, please don't post to it without a good reason. The majority of necro posts are deleted, and those threads are then closed.

8. Upvote your own posts. Our system allows for this, but we would really prefer if this didn't happen. Our moderators view it as an abuse of the system and if they spot it, they will reach out to you to request that you stop.