Multiple BSOD Problem

Luke_Live

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
I was playing Rust (a video game) last night when my pc had a BSOD. This is the 1st BSOD(s) since My last BSOD chain, where i did a clean install of windows. I don't remember what the BSOD said, One was something like System Exception Thread not handled, another was like "Kmode ......" I did a memory test, and nothing was wrong. My drivers are up to date, and I even reinstalled my drivers in case one was corrupt. If you need anything let me know what and where to find it. My sister played SIMS 4 today without any problems. Sims is on my HDD while Rust is on my SSD. Could my SSD be bad? Any help is appreciated.

My specs:
Windows 10
CPU - AMD FX-8350 8-Core Processor @4.00 GHz
GPU - XFX RX 480 8GB GDDR5
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB PC3-12800 DDR3
HDD - Western Digital Blue 1TB
SSD - SanDisk Internal SSD 120GB
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
PSU - Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Simi-Modular ATX

Edit: Added Motherboard specs

Solution
The times that the errors are occurring also point to the PSU. This is common with lower quality Corsair models. Sometimes they have trouble starting the system, others they crash while under high load (like gaming or video editing).

As for an affordable modular PSU, I'm afraid that's not in the cards. Nobody makes PSUs with those features for under $100. I'm just kidding. You'll be surprised at the deals you can find if you just do a little digging.
Your BSODs are hardware related. You either have a hardware conflict that's occurring when gaming and not at boot up, or one of your components is malfunctioning. I'm leaning towards the ladder seeing the model of your power supply.

Power supply is very low quality. Please replace. What's your budget for a new PSU?

Luke_Live

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016

Very Low. So nothing. Im saving for a car. But if you can recommend *Modular* PSU that is a good price, I may buy it..

Luke_Live

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016

Also, it did BSOD at boot up a few times. The 1st one happened while in game, and they came mostly while in game

The times that the errors are occurring also point to the PSU. This is common with lower quality Corsair models. Sometimes they have trouble starting the system, others they crash while under high load (like gaming or video editing).

As for an affordable modular PSU, I'm afraid that's not in the cards. Nobody makes PSUs with those features for under $100. I'm just kidding. You'll be surprised at the deals you can find if you just do a little digging.

Solution