Windows 10 starts on a sideway no matter what. Please help!

dragonentity

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Finally, Windows OS made me (forum lurker) a Tom's hardware member. I had been found all answers what I was looking for till now, but this is the first;

My touch-screen laptop/tablet with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit has been starting up on a sideway screen after a driver updater software being installed (not any more), since then, I tried rotation locking, orientation, but it always starts with sideway screen. I know Ctrl+Alt+Arrow key combo, but I need a permanent solution. The computer has sensors, so if I rotate it to vertical stand; the screen rotates, too. Another thing is that whenever I press Ctrl+Alt+Del; that screen shows up; and If I press any option , like Cancel or Task Manager, the screen refreshes and doesn't return to desktop, except Sign Off option. Do I have to mess up with Windows services or something? Please help me! Thanks!

Colif

Win 11 Master
what driver update software? what make/model laptop?

does 2nd choice help: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/fix-sideways-screen-computer

try seeing if there is a date in system restore just before you ran the driver software
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under Advanced startup, click restart PC now
this loads a blue menu system
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose system restore
choose a date, hopefully fairly recent
PC will roll system settings and drivers back to the date you chose, and hopefully fix this.