Will a GTX 970 run Triple 4K Monitors with 1 for gaming and 2 side monitors for other programs?

EntitySpeX

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
As the title says, would an Nvidia GTX 970 be able to run 3 4K displays with the middle monitor being able to run games, such as GTA V, at 60fps on max settings? (I expect this is not possible).

I currently run 3 21.5" LG 22EA63 monitors, using a single MSI GTX 970, however these are old and I would like to upgrade. I was thinking of 27 inch monitors but I feel I am asking way too much from a single 970. I would not be gaming on all 3 of the 4k monitors, but the left and right monitor will have programs such as Discord and Chrome open so I can play games whilst reading Discord messages etc.

If, as I am expecting, the answer is no, what GPU(s) are able to run 3 4K displays comfortably and maintain 60fps in game?

If triple 4K ends up costing too much I may end up choosing 3 curved monitors for a more immersive experience.

Thank you.

Solution
You can't play 4k at max settings on a GTX 970, you need at least a single 1080 for that. You can game at probably medium in a lot of games in 4k on a 970 and maintain 60fps most of the time, but anything higher than that isn't going to be a smooth experience. You also won't be able to hook 3 4k 60hz monitors up to a 970 as it only has one DP port, which, apart from HDMI 2.0, is the only connection that can drive 4k60. It's probably time to upgrade your graphics card if this is the experience you want. The two monitors on the sides shouldn't have that much of an impact on gaming performance.
You can't play 4k at max settings on a GTX 970, you need at least a single 1080 for that. You can game at probably medium in a lot of games in 4k on a 970 and maintain 60fps most of the time, but anything higher than that isn't going to be a smooth experience. You also won't be able to hook 3 4k 60hz monitors up to a 970 as it only has one DP port, which, apart from HDMI 2.0, is the only connection that can drive 4k60. It's probably time to upgrade your graphics card if this is the experience you want. The two monitors on the sides shouldn't have that much of an impact on gaming performance.

Solution