Hypothetical Money Is No Object Build

Biggles_1

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Hypothetically speaking if i was an eccentric billionaire that spends his days playing minecraft but wanted the absolute highest resolution minecraft at the highest fps possible what would the largest build possible be?

My current idea is that one would have to have a custom motherboard created (some firms will in fact do this) that contains a high amount of pci slots to be able to support 4 way SLI for each monitor in a 12 or so 4k monitor setup. (Correct me if i am wrong and this is now how SLI works) Would a software wall eventually be hit when trying to use this many SLI configurations at once in one system or could you theoretically keep increasing the amount of 4 way SLI configurations infinitely and have infinite curved monitors until one would eventually be completely encapsulated in 4k monitors all around?

Also, would multiple CPUs working together increase the speed of the system in multitasking? For instance if i wanted to run 20 different minecrafts at once.

Will adding on more and more CPUs eventually diminish these gains to the point of nonexistance?

It wouldnt matter if you could get the PCIe lanes rigged in, SLI is no longer supported over 2 cards (4 on old cards). Beyond that, they are no longer capable of processing the same data.

Number of processors (or simply threads) is strictly useful based on how well the program can use the threads. Adding more processors would not improve something like minecraft.

If this turns into a no limit build thread, it will be closed. We just get spammed with these and there is no point.

Minecraft doesn't support sli and all instances will use the primary gpu. Although you could run separate gpus with thin clients, you might as well have multiple pcs. Sli only supports 5 monitors in fullscreen, 6 total, although you can disable sli, have more than 4 gpus and have 4 monitors per card. It might run in windowed across more monitors.

More instances will be spread across different cores but that doesn't really help if you can't play them with the gpu having to run so many instances. More cores on a cpu means lower speeds so it will decrease performance with mc because it's not optimized well for many. Why would they even want to run 20 instances at once?

Biggles_1

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

Thanks for the answer, feel free to delete this thread. There is in fact a lot of dumb no limit build threads.