Old Dell monitor not getting input from a GTX 1060.

ZeroByter

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015
I have two monitors, one is a Acer V236HL and the second one is a Dell E173FP (yes, I know, I just never really got around to replacing it).

I just bought a brand new GTX 1060 Dual, and it works great and everything is fine with it. In order to connect both monitors to the GPU, I connected the Acer with a single cable of DVI, for the Dell monitor I had to use a VGA cable (only input it has) which then I connected into a VGA to DVI adapter, which then connected into a DVI -> DisplayPort adapter which finally connected into the GPU, it sounds weirder than it looks irl.

The Acer monitor works fine, but the Dell monitor doesn't get any input at all, although this is a bit weird because:

• ■ Whenever I plug the Dell either in or out of the GPU the Acer monitor flashes.
    ■ Windows fully recognizes the Dell monitor. It shows up in the 'Screen Resolution' window and I can change all the settings for it.

What can I do in order to get the Dell monitor to work? Or is it just too old to work with a new GPU and it's time to save up for a new monitor instead? (my old GPU was the GTX 750 Ti and both monitors worked fine with it), or could it just be that one of my many adapters is faulty?

ZeroByter

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015

That makes sense, alright, thanks very much for your help.