Only 1 DVI-D port

Matko_

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
So i bought BenQ xl2411z and have msi radeon rx 470 gpu. I know for 144Hz I need dual link cable and on my gpu i only have one DVI-D port. If I connect monitor with that is it going to be able to run at 144Hz 1920x1080.

Solution
Dual link does not mean two cables. DVI-D cables come with either dual link or single link connectors but both of them still only require one DVI port. The DVI-D port on your RX 470 will work fine with a dual link DVI-D cable for 144Hz. The monitor will most likely have a compatible cable in the box.

The only time you GPU only having 1 DVI port will become a problem is if you get two monitors and both of them are DVI. Even then it isn't that much of a problem since a DisplayPort to DVI adapter would get the job done.

king3pj

Distinguished
Dual link does not mean two cables. DVI-D cables come with either dual link or single link connectors but both of them still only require one DVI port. The DVI-D port on your RX 470 will work fine with a dual link DVI-D cable for 144Hz. The monitor will most likely have a compatible cable in the box.

The only time you GPU only having 1 DVI port will become a problem is if you get two monitors and both of them are DVI. Even then it isn't that much of a problem since a DisplayPort to DVI adapter would get the job done.

Solution