BENQ BL3200PT - Buying a new monitor, need your opinion

Pulssqt

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
Hello guys.

For days and weeks I'm thinking about this monitor and I just can't say to myself, let's go to the shop and buy it already.

I had few monitors in my mind that I wanted but they fell off. First it was Dell U2715H, then Dell U2515H. I decided not the get them because i'm blind as bat, well not like bat but my sight is far from perfect. Then I wanted to get 29'' 1080p Ultrawide, then I saw them IRL and was dissapointed. They were too small and wierd.
Few weeks ago I saw this BenQ and one similar Samsung, and I was like, OMG I WANT THIS.
Then a cold shower hit me after reading some reviews from people who own these monitors.
People compain about wierd contrast changes and banding. Some people live with it, some return it and get something else. But most of the people don't have any similar problems and are very happy with this monitor.

As I understand, early models of this monitors had some problems but now almost 3 years later it seems like that problem has been fixed, or atleast it's not as common as it used to be. Some people even bought it back 2 years later and were stunned by how much better it was.

What do you guys think, should I give this monitor a chance and just go out and buy it, or should i consider some other alternatives ?

I have to mention that this monitor is the max i can pay since I'm on a budget. Also I wanted a TV too, so buying this monitor would eliminate the need of a TV since 32'' is pretty big. Two birds with one stone.

Thank you!

Solution
I purchased the Benq 3200pt two years ago and never had an issues with it. It had a nice picture although not as sharp as a 27" 1440p due to pixel density. Colors and contrast are very nice and I didn't have and back light bleed issue. The only reason I replaced it was to get a high refresh rate monitor.

krells

Distinguished
I purchased the Benq 3200pt two years ago and never had an issues with it. It had a nice picture although not as sharp as a 27" 1440p due to pixel density. Colors and contrast are very nice and I didn't have and back light bleed issue. The only reason I replaced it was to get a high refresh rate monitor.

Solution

Pulssqt

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
Thank you for your help.

So should i go for it ? Im reading every day and I still cant decide. BenQ 3200pt looks like a really good deal.

What about HP Pavilion 32 inch ? Or the one from Acer, also 32 inch QHD ?