USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 (Microsoft) stopped working and crash the system

sakovip

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Hi there,

I just build a pc last week and did a fresh install for windows10 and a very annoying usb problem pops up.

I found someone posted exact problem like im having right now and this is the problem

“I've been having some USB problems as of late.

Basically I record a lot of game footage with commentary, I also host a radio show. Both require my microphone. However, during recording, all of my USB3.0's sometimes randomly disconnect and the usb extensible host controllerstopped working. I have tried uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, but that doesn't fix it. I also recently have found that uninstalling, or disabling and then scanning for hardware changes crashes my computer, and it'll freeze for a second and then restart. This sometimes happens if I disable and then enable, but it usually happens if I try scanning for hardware changes.

When they do disconnect, it's the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 (Microsoft) has a little yellow exclamation mark on it. The device status will say it ran into a problem running.

This has only started happening since I installed windows 10. I'm positive it didn't happen with Windows 7

This crashing problem and USB ports disconnecting thing is becoming quite the pain. Any help would be great.”

please please can someone help me with this. or diagnose the problem, is it caused by system and the driver or its a physical (motherboard ) failure?

sakovip

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from sakovip : "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 (Microsoft) stopped working and crash the system"

Hi there,

I just built a pc last week and did a fresh install for windows10 and a very annoying usb problem pops up.

I found someone posted exact problem like im having right now and this is the problem

my motherboard is msi x99a gaming pro carbon and cpu is 6800k

“I've been having some USB problems as of late.

Basically I record a lot of game footage with commentary, I also host a radio show. Both require my microphone. However, during recording, all of my USB3.0's sometimes randomly disconnect and the usb extensible host controllerstopped working. I have tried uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, but that doesn't fix it. I also recently have found that uninstalling, or disabling and then scanning for hardware changes crashes my computer, and it'll freeze for a second and then restart. This sometimes happens if I disable and then enable, but it usually happens if I try scanning for hardware changes.

When they do disconnect, it's the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 (Microsoft) has a little yellow exclamation mark on it. The device status will say it ran into a problem running.

This has only started happening since I installed windows 10. I'm positive it didn't happen with Windows 7

This crashing problem and USB ports disconnecting thing is becoming quite the pain. Any help would be great.”

please please can someone help me with this. or diagnose the problem, is it caused by system and the driver or its a physical (motherboard ) failure?

thanks

Apr 29, 2018
I'm having EXACTLY ^this^ issue...

Random disconnects, interfering with my audio systems, and Device Manager shows "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 (Microsoft)" has stopped working (yellow exclamation mark). (Windows 10 Pro)

If I try to uninstall the device driver when it's not working, scanning for new hardware reliably freezes my computer for a few seconds and then my computer turns off and restarts. Tried uninstalling / reinstalling (when device is working), tried manually replacing the actual "USBXHCI.SYS" driver file found in the "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" folder, sent my audio unit in for repair, blew out my PC and reseated most all my components.

I didn't have this issue for years while I was using a PCI card audio interface on Windows 10. But as soon as I purchased my new Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface, this has been an ongoing thing for months... Sometimes everything works for a couple months, then other times (like now) it "flares up" and is constantly disconnecting and wreaking havoc on my system every 5-30 seconds...

I just read a weird tip on the last website I was at, which said to unplug all of your USB devices and turn off and unplug your computer's PSU for a while to fully discharge your USB ports... (...of unwanted static electricity buildup.) I'm a computer technician and this makes no sense, but in the past 11 months I haven't found a single working solution towards any sign of progress.. So... I'm still going to try it... :/

Did you end up finding a solution?