Net Framework 3.5 not installing

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hey guys so I try to install net framework 3.5 because an app needs it and it won't install..

I tried using the offline client installer but I get the same error

Error code :0x800F081F

And I tried the solution given in the Microsoft site but it doesn't work please help me out here

Deepak Jarang

Reputable
May 30, 2014
Hi Fractal GPU,

You have specified that you are using Windows 10 Pro x64. Make sure that the setup you are using is of 64-bit.

Error code 0x800F081F
This error code can occur when an alternative installation source is specified and one of the following conditions is true:

1. The location that is specified by the path does not contain the files that are required to install the feature.
2. The user who tries to install the feature does not have at least READ access to the location and to the files.
3. The set of installation files is corrupted, incomplete, or invalid for the version of Windows that you are running.

To fix this problem, make sure that the full path of the source is correct (x:\sources\sxs) and that you have at least Read access to the location. To do this, try to access the source directly from the affected computer. Verify that the installation source contains a valid and complete set of files. If the problem persists, try to use a different installation source.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Install .NET via "Turn Windows features on or off".

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features) -> Turn Windows features on or off

Should be right at the top.

You can also try removing it if it is there and re-installing it. Then let Windows updates bring it up to the latest.

If all that doesn't work, well, a re-install of Windows might help (keeping your files and settings).

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

None of these methods worked unfortunately, Should I repair windows using the Disc?

Fractal GPU

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

yes it was a x64 setup
I tried using the windows features on or off method and still same error and also with the apps on demand method...

is there a way for me to manually change the source