Acer E5-474G Laptop to get higher frame rate for my monitor,

Nashwin

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Hi. I'm currently using Acer Aspire E5-474G. A small laptop for my studies but also compatible for my gaming needs. But there is one thing, I have a 144hz monitor which i use for my desktop but i only brought the monitor back to the dorm. I've been told I can get a higher frame rate than i currently am on which is 60hz, max 75hz. I'm wondering how do I get a higher frame rate. The internal display settings don't work since my laptop is a small sized laptop yet im using for my 1080p monitor. How do I do this? By using a Dvi? or display port? HDMI doesn't support 144hz , if im not mistaken. Just so you're aware that my laptop has a Vga and HDMI input and my monitor displayport and HDMI. HDMI seems to be the only cable that is able to be plugged in. Im hoping that i can use a converter or adaptor to get higher framerates? Just to be sure, if you have a link to give me a picture what converter./adaptor and what cable to look for, that would be great. If its possible to use these things of course. Thanks for your time. Help is very much appreciated.

Solution
Sorry but 144hz is not going to happen witht hat laptop.
HDMI cannot output 144hz
You dont' have Display Port or DVI

While VGA can do 144hz, I do not know of a vga to displayport adapter capable of 144hz