College Major Related to VR BMI

MystoPigz

Reputable
May 14, 2015
Hey Tom's Hardware community,

What college major(s) are related to the research and development of virtual reality brain-machine interfaces? I am interested in going into that field in the future (Am a current high school student). I want to help with the development of a device that can simulate a virtual world inside your brain.

A simpler explanation would be the NerveGear/Amusphere/STL from Sword Art Online.

Also, what kind of classes (HS or college) would I be expected to take if I were to go for that major?

Thank you!

Solution
I doubt you could get an informed answer on this kind of site. However, a good start would be to contact the Cognitive Science Center at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY USA. Its a small organization at the University, but would be able to provide detailed guidance for you.
Best of Luck!

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
I doubt you could get an informed answer on this kind of site. However, a good start would be to contact the Cognitive Science Center at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY USA. Its a small organization at the University, but would be able to provide detailed guidance for you.
Best of Luck!

Solution