Windows 10 Lock Screen Appears After 1 Minute of Idleness

JM0127

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Since yesterday (Jan 12) some of my coworkers have been experiencing an issue with Windows 10 where the lock screen appears after one minute of inactivity. Prior to this the lock screen had been disabled through group policy. I've tried the various methods I've found online to fix the problem including: regedit, power settings, changing the folder in the Windows directory, and group policy changes.

Since the PC had been updated that night I rolled back the updates but it did not fix the issue. I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point as it doesn't seem like this is a common issue at all.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
Hello JM0127

Since you already tried a lot of things and they didn't help, would you mind Restoring Windows to Day Before Yesterday or Earlier?

Restoring Windows doesn't remove your personal files but it reverts the system settings and configurations back to the state when the restore point was created. Nonetheless, it is always a good practice to back up your important data before going for the system restore.

Cheers!! :)
Hello JM0127

Since you already tried a lot of things and they didn't help, would you mind Restoring Windows to Day Before Yesterday or Earlier?

Restoring Windows doesn't remove your personal files but it reverts the system settings and configurations back to the state when the restore point was created. Nonetheless, it is always a good practice to back up your important data before going for the system restore.

Cheers!! :)

Solution