Install Windows 10 on SSD having no OS installed already

Baahubali

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
Hi, I'm new here. Since the last 4 hours, I've done a lot of searches for my error and did find many threads for each part of problem but the composition of them never worked.

I've bought an assembled PC without any OS on it. It has a Gigabyte Motherboard, 32 GB SSD and a 2 TB HDD. Now, I have made my USB bootable with Windows 10 on it with the help of Rufus. This is the sequence of the things I tried along with the problems encountered. Please tell me if on any point, I did something wrong.

1) My USB was not being listed in the Boot Menu. So I enabled CSM, then changed Boot Mode from Legacy -> UEFI (it had Disabled option too).

2) Now, I was able to get into the windows setup. I made partitions from the unallocated spaces. 1 SSD and 2 HDDs. While trying to install the Windows on SSD, I got the error - "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." I formatted the disk, tried again. No success.

3) I tried disabling SATA Controllers. No drives were listed in the Windows setup then.

4) I enabled it again, changed Mode from RAID -> AHCI. Got blue screen error after booting from the USB

5) Changed to RAID back. Disabled HDD port in SATA controller setting. All HDD partitions vanished but same error as [2].

6) On clicking Next (can click) after the error in [2] and [5], I get another error - "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files."

I possibly have formatted the Reserved 300 MB Space too by mistake.

I hope I was clear enough to explain my problem. Sorry for my English.

Baahubali

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017

Noted that! I just searched about this and you are right. I will install the windows on my HDD now.
However, it seems that the mentioned errors are not related to the size. I'm getting same errors for installing Windows to HDD. Any ideas?