I wan THIS STUPID GROOVE APP GONE!!

ginhotrod99

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I want this dumb app gone its breaking my music and ruining my new music and also keeps opening with groove instead of media player and has caused my pc to crash once D: D: D: D: please help me for my sanity :D :D :D

Just don't use it. I have over 90,000 high resolution music files on my PC and I use an audiophile music program to playback my albums, but Groove has never ever bothered me at all. It has never ever opened up or done anything else. It is just an invisible app that sits in the background doing absolutely nothing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Groove matched to a Onedrive music library drove me mad for a few months until i just turned off the groove background process. I made mistake of letting it see my music collection one day and it would use 20% CPU randomly throughout the day until I did the fix.

The only thing I can say about Groove is that it is the worse sounding music app that I have ever heard. I did a blind test with a couple of music files and Groove sounds flat and lifeless compared to the other music apps that I have used. Groove is just loud and flat and I do not like how music sounds through the Groove app.

I use foobar2000 as my daily driver.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i didn't like how it lacks 1 thing media player had already, it lacked a toolbar option which just seemed odd. If you reduced Groove it also stopped playing - i believe that has been fixed since i stopped using it.

I think right click doesn't keep it off, its a built in app and if you remove them, they just come back. The Powershell option might work, never tried it.

I too use Foobar, nice if it had some skins or maybe i haven't looked hard enough.

ginhotrod99

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
It's gone thank God just follow that first guy who replied to me is literally in build windows thing in there no you did you go to this webpage Type command put it in windows power Shell and you all follow the first guys link all you got to do just copy and paste a command in this windows power shell app it will literally get rid of it instantly and reinstall is just easy reason why you can't get rid of it because Microsoft is just try to control everyone's life #Truth

KnurledNut

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011

you're welcome