Need help finding a new motherboard

Complexic

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
My motherboard recently went out. I had posted about my computer not turning on but I went to a local computer shop and they tested everything and told me it was the motherboard. I have a gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 motherboard and my cpu is intel. I cant seem to find any that aren't under $150 and I can only find like 3 across about 10 different websites. I've checked newegg, B&H, outlet pc, centralcomputers, cdw, amazon...I just can't seem to find any. I was told that I could also go for Z97 series but those seem to be more expensive. I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. The guy i went to made it seem like i could find something for ~$75 (under $75). Either he was simply lying and not realizing or there is some place i'm not looking. Any help is appreciated.

Complexic

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Ok I really wanted to find a model that was really close to the one I have or the same. In order to not have to reinstall and lose everything.
I decided to get the same model. And I bought one.
Now, I was sent a GA-Z87MX-D3H and it is smaller and looks different. Before I send it back to tell them it isn't what I ordered I would like to know if
1; is it compatible with what I have?
2; will it require me to have to reinstall windows or have to wipe my hard drives?
3; (I will probably look this up anyways) is this MX-DH3 worth the money I paid or should I deffinitally get a refund? (it cost $120)
Thanks

I just tried to hook everything up and I have a cord that connects to the power supply but I cant find out what it is supposed to go to. I remember taking it off of something before along time ago but now I have no idea and I don't have any cords left. so I'm either missing a cord (from a computer that hasn't moved or been touched in 3 weeks) or I connected a cord wrong somewhere. http://imgur.com/a/Cbi37 That's the cord. Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS