Triple monitor setup

Ermergerdjesse

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
I have three monitors. A benq xl2411, and 2 benq rl2455ms. I am newer to pc stuff. I have the msi armor 2x 980ti and I'm wondering how do I hook all the monitors in at once? I'd like to keep my dvi-d in the benq xl2411 because it does not have a display port so I have to use dvi to get 144Hz. All monitors do not have a display port but they do have hdmi, dvi, and vga. I don't know what adapter to get for display port to hdmi because I don't know if I will notice input lag. Thanks for reading and helping! I can post pictures of necessary

Solution
You can get adapters for each of the monitors based on your needs. The card you have have has a DVI-D port, so you are good there. It also has one HDMI, so that will cover another monitor. Then you have three display port outputs. I would recommend getting a display port to HDMI adapter for that third monitor and then you should be set. You should be able to configure the monitors in the Windows display settings after all are hooked up.

frostedtim

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
You can get adapters for each of the monitors based on your needs. The card you have have has a DVI-D port, so you are good there. It also has one HDMI, so that will cover another monitor. Then you have three display port outputs. I would recommend getting a display port to HDMI adapter for that third monitor and then you should be set. You should be able to configure the monitors in the Windows display settings after all are hooked up.

Solution

NTIGeek

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Thats right, DVI to DVI, HDMI to HDMI and on the third DP to HDMI but make sure to use an ACTIVE adapter (not passive) for best results. For example like this one on AMZ

VisionTek DisplayPort to HDMI (4K) Active Adapter (M/F) - PN 900692.

Not cheap but it works for sure.