Newegg Nvidia GPU+Digital Gift Return

NobodyRly

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
So I just sent a package back to newegg containing an Nvidia GPU and a stick of ram and am waiting for them to process it for a refund. I payed ~$260 and the newegg website says my pending refund is ~$220 since the "free" nvidia gift is $40. They sent me two invoices when I made the purchase one was a $40 charge and the other was the actual stuff I ordered minus the $40. I haven't used the code nor do I want it at all. It's a choice between three games I've never even heard of and one of them is a vr game. I don't own a vr headset.... Will they refund the $40 or did they just mess me over real smooth like?

NobodyRly

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

When I originally contacted customer support to set up a refund I explained how the double invoice kind of worried me and I asked the lady if I would get the $40 back if I hadn't use the code and she told me yes, but I'm still not so sure because the website says my refund for the items will be $220 and the seperate charge for the "free" gift is there and says "non-refundable". I guess I'll just have to wait and see but I'm going to be pissed if I get screwed out of $40. I could buy a hyper 212 evo with that kind of money.