Pending payment dell

Shafi Rpl

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Greetings all,

I bought a dell s2716g monitor from dell via paypal, and the transaction went through smoothly. However that transaction shows up as a pending payment on my paypal account. But when I called my bank today, they said they don't see anything of that amount from paypal or dell as charge or as hold on my credit card(I have credit card hooked up to my paypal account)
So I was wondering, when will I be charged for the product, and if at the time of charging my account if I don't have a sufficient credit/balance on my credit, will the order be delayed?

I live in Vancouver, Canada and my bank is CIBC if these information help.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Dell notified paypal that you made an order for sum of X,
Dell didn't charge it yet, since as you pointed out, they were out of stock, can't ship product, can't charge it.
Paypal sees the hold amount but since it isn't a charge, it doesn't charge your card/bank yet.
Since card isn't charged/hold being put there, bank can't see it.
Edit: also since it is a weekend, it is highly likely that said holds/stuff are sitting idle, weekends are generally not normal bank days as far as transactions go, it should happen on monday.

As the paladin pointed out, just wait patiently and be aware of your balance so that issues with going over wont happen.
1, you should ask paypal these questions
2. pending by Dell, means they have received your order when they check that the payment can be processed they will complete your order
the are notorious by taking 2-3 days before moving on charging accounts.
3. insufficient funds will cause the order to be refuse and PayPal will notify you.

just wait.

Shafi Rpl

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
I called paypal and they told to call bank. They said it is standard for them to put a hold on credit card. But the bank told me that there was no hold on my credit.

When i ordered they were out of stock.

Dell notified paypal that you made an order for sum of X,
Dell didn't charge it yet, since as you pointed out, they were out of stock, can't ship product, can't charge it.
Paypal sees the hold amount but since it isn't a charge, it doesn't charge your card/bank yet.
Since card isn't charged/hold being put there, bank can't see it.
Edit: also since it is a weekend, it is highly likely that said holds/stuff are sitting idle, weekends are generally not normal bank days as far as transactions go, it should happen on monday.

As the paladin pointed out, just wait patiently and be aware of your balance so that issues with going over wont happen.

Solution