Windows 10 won't load except in safe mode

Alexanderbentley

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
My computer has been working fine for a while now, about a year, and today I was playing a game on it, (I have two monitors) and suddenly the sound glitched out and made a loud noise I don't know how to describe it. It was like the sound froze and idk. The screen my game was on turned maroon and the other screen was maroon with vertical white lines. I tried opening up my computer (custom built) and unplugging and replugging the graphics card and hard drive. It didn't work and a windows didn't load correctly screen appeared. I tried restoring the computer to a critical update 3 days ago, and the screen was black so I restarted it and it brought me back to the windows didn't load screen. So I tried restoring from a Microsoft visual studio uninstall from about a week ago. Still didn't work. I booted the computer up in safe mode with networking, downloaded msi driver 6 thing that will auto check for drivers and stuff. It downloaded ok, but it wouldn't let me open because I didn't have administrative access, but my account is the only one on the computer! I tried inserting my msi disk I got with the gpu, but it wouldn't let me open it for the same administrator reason. I have a western digital 1 tb hard drive, msi twin frozr graphics card, and an Asus 970 pro gaming aura motherboard. Please help

Safe mode loads windows with minimal drivers.
So, likely, you have a bad driver somewhere. Windows 10 seems to be prone to updating you with bad drivers.
See if you can't use safe mode to restore to an earlier point than 3 days ago.
My guess is that your graphics driver is bad.

Alexanderbentley

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016

I tried restoring to about 2 weeks ago but it did nothing, are you saying I should restore in safe mode? Because I just did it from the "blue" screen