Another sleep mode problem.

Corcustos

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
I looked at the similar posts to my problem, but none of the solutions worked for me, so I'm making my own thread so I can clarify what exactly the problem is. Apologies if there is indeed a solution to my problem already, I must have looked over it.

So recently my computer has been having issues waking up from sleep mode. It goes to sleep just fine. I always put it to sleep when I leave home, but when I come back to turn it on, something weird happens. The computer wakes up normally, and everything powers on. I see my windows 10 login screen ready to go. I try moving my mouse, but it isn't on-screen, but I know it's powered on due to the lights. All of a sudden my monitor goes back into sleep mode, and the power to my keyboard and mouse cuts off. If I unplug and replug them in different USB outlets, they flash but don't stay on. However, what's even more weird about all of this is that through this entire time, my PC is still on. On top of that, my USB headset is still glowing, powered on as well. I try plugging my mouse/keyboard into the same USB outlet that my headset was plugged in, but they don't get powered on like it does. I suspect this has something to due with the recent W10 update that was forced upon me, as nothing noteworthy has happened to my PC to cause an issue with the components. My question essentially is why won't my monitor, keyboard, and mouse stay woken up and powered on while my entire PC and headset do?

Corcustos

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

I appreciate your response, but I'm looking to be able to have my PC in sleep mode so it's not using as much power while I'm away. I want a permanent solution rather than a temporary fix. Sleep mode has been working perfectly for me for the past 6 months of having this PC, and now it decides to not work. I just want to have it in working order again.

Corcustos

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

AMD FX-6300 Six-Core CPU (3.50 GHz)
AMD Radeon R7 360 2GB GPU
2x 4GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM HDD
MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) AM3+ Motherboard
The PSU operates at 350W

I used this site to calculate how much wattage I would need: http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

It told me that it recommends somewhere around 340 so I figured I'd just leave my current PSU in there. It hasn't given be any problems for the past 6-8months and I've really stressed this computer at times. However, I am always worried that the PSU is not enough. Like I said, I only recently encountered this problem, around the time of the latest W10 Update.

Corcustos

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

Sorry, I didn't know, but I opened it up and took a look. I also found some info on it online.

Does this help: http://prntscr.com/dwjwtz
Brand is Sparkle Inc

Corcustos

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

About 6-8months. This was a prebuilt computer.