Monitor going into power saving mode???

Averyo

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
Hello,

Recently iv'e been having a problem where, when I put my pc to sleep, and turn it back on, everything turns on for a split second before my connected device turn off, my monitor goes into power saving mode, and the power button light stays on. The pc wont turn off unless i physically unplug it. This is very annoying because i have to restart my pc every time i leave!

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Do this with any Windows version but specially if it's Windows 10 since it seems to have a bug that causes assorted Sleep Mode issues:

By default the Power Options Plan is the "Balanced (Recommended)"... change it to the High Performance Plan, use the computer for a few minutes, restart it, and revert it to the Balanced (Recommended) Plan. This should delete and reset the sleep mode memory.

If that doesn't work, for better results, create a new Power Savings plan on which you can disable every sleep or suspension setting so the computer doesn't go in to sleep mode, so the HDD doesn't go into suspension, the monitor doesn't sleep, etc. (nothing goes to sleep or suspend). Next use the computer for a few minutes > Restart it, and set the previous power plan which should be the "Balanced (Recommended)" plan.

Averyo

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016

I tried this and sadly it didnt work!

My specs are:

Nvidi Gtx 1060 3gb
AMD fx 8320e
6 gb of ddr3 ram
760gma p34 fx motherboard
500 watt EVGA psu
and the monitor is a Dell Professional P1911 ‑ 19" monitor

Averyo

Commendable
Dec 6, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Averyo : "Monitor power saving sleep issue"

Hello,

As of late i have been having a problem where, when I put my pc to sleep, and turn it back on, everything turns on for a split second before my connected device turn off, my monitor goes into power saving mode, and the power button light stays on. The pc wont turn off unless i physically unplug it. This is very annoying because i have to restart my pc every time i leave! Ive tried switching the power plan with no success. The monitor is connected with a DVI-D cable

Heres my specs:

Nvidi Gtx 1060 3gb
AMD fx 8320e
6 gb of ddr3 ram
760gma p34 fx motherboard
500 watt EVGA psu
and the monitor is a Dell Professional P1911 ‑ 19" monitor

The Windows Power Options > Power Plans have a Hybrid Sleep as part of the Sleep mode options....

Control Panel > Power Options > Power Plan being used > click Change Plan Settings > Click Advanced Power Settings > in the Plan Settings Windows, click a) Sleep: > "Allow Hybrid Sleep" > Settings > OFF = to disable this option.
b) Sleep: > "Hybernate After" > Settings > Never = to disable this option.

These settings, when Hybrid sleep is enabled even if Hybernation is disabled, can make Sleep mode go to Hybernation and cause the issue you are having. Disabling both these settings keeps Sleep Mode in Sleep, never going into hybernation.