Phanteks TC12DX cooler
Asrock Z270 Extreme 4
MSI RX480 8gb Gaming X
Corsair 2x8gb Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM
Kingston SSDNow M.2 240gb
WesternDigital 1TB HDD
FSP Hydro G 750W
AOC G2460vq6 monitor

While playing Dota 2, my PC suddenly went into BSOD and the debug string was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, the corrupted driver was ndis.sys. The interesting thing is, i have had multiple BSODs with the same related driver before, and i thought reformatting and reinstalling Windows would solve it (apparently not); also, this BSOD happened during a period of heavy RAM usage (i had 10 Chrome tabs in the background, one of which was playing music, i was also downloading 3 different movies at the same time).
That's the situation, my theory is that i have faulty RAM, but i ran 5 passes of Memtest86 and there were no errors at all. I think i will remove one RAM stick and test the system one stick at a time, to see if the RAM is really faulty. Nonetheless, do you guys have any idea what could also caused this BSOD?

UPDATE: As of the time i was posting this, i had another BSOD, and this time ntoskrnl.exe was involved (as depicted in the pic below)
5Eq1jzU.png

Enlighter4407

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017

No, it's a fresh installation of Windows 10, and i don't use any decluttering/cleaning app

zezuzaza

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
NDIS is a legitimate system driver for your network interface controller. Try scan with malware first like malwarebyte. Then go to C, right click-Disk clean up.

Use your PC again and report me back if this problem occur BSOD in the same name or other name

zezuzaza

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
toskrl.exe is memory leak. this can lead to memory corruption. GO to Start - Windows administrative tools - Windows memory diagnostic

We want a result state it could not find any problem to your memory. This result will indicate that your memory is in good condition

I played Dota 2 but never got BSOD. If you got BSOD, there was a software you installed that make the windows files corrupt. Please figure it out. It may be something regarding registry and anti virus that delete or wanted to access your kernel while you play dota.

Please report me if any luck and remove unwanted software that you already installed recently

Enlighter4407

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017

Well i got another BSOD, and i was just websurfing this time. I will try Windows Memory Diagnostics. But it already passed 5 passes on Memtest, so i'm not really sure my RAM is the problem...
XAalVgV.png

zezuzaza

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
The BSOD is the result of where windows try to stop something that make that files crashed again. Windows try to protecting itself from others source unwanted files to access the files windows system itself. If memory is ok, then it should be your software installed that problem this. What is your anti virus result or malware result? Spotted any malicious software?

Enlighter4407

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017

I ran Memtest on a USB, left it for 6 hours and came back, it passed 5 passes (i scheduled for 8, but i thought 5 was enough), also my memory profile is default (but in my motherboard BIOS, Default already means XMP)

Enlighter4407

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017

I ran Windows Defender and found nothing. Should i download and run Malwarebytes?

Also, Windows Memory Diagnostics found no problems (standard test, 2 passes), so i think my RAM is good then...

Update: I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes, found nothing. I don't get it, if it's not software, then it must be hardware then? Perhaps i should run my PC with only 1 RAM stick

TRENDING THREADS