Need Noise Cancelling Gaming Headset - Advice?

leonhartdan

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
So I need a noise cancelling gaming headset. My only criteria:
-Need to have a Microphone, good quality (doesn't pick up too much noise hopefully)
-Needs to have active noise cancelling (I live with a couple other gamers, can be loud)

Basically, I need a miracle. Price is not a barrier for me right now. Any advice that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Passels

Honorable
Jan 9, 2017
You might like something from the HyperX cloud lineup, such as the cloud core or cloud II. They have good sound and mic quality, an area in which most gaming headsets fall behind, they are relativiely cheap, and the leatherette earcups do a great job of blocking noise. If the ambient noise getting picked up by the mic is an issue however, then you might want to consider a mic and headphones setup. That said, unless people are constantly shouting, using programs such as discord should block out most noises from around you. If price isn't a problem, I'd recommend the Cloud II, as it has a slightly better mic and has inline controls.

If price really is no problem though, go for the Audio Technica m50x and a unidirectional modmic 5.0, which should be great for taking in only your voice. With that setup you'll get great quality and noise cancellation, but it will cost a lot more.

Hope I could help, have a great day.

Mikeandike

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
Logitech g930, yes they are a little pricy as of late, but believe me you wont regret the purchase, comfortable on the head and as someone who wears glasses, I only get annoyed with them after 6-8 hours of straight gaming. good mic, if you're using them on a PC, the logitech program that comes with the headset is very nice for tuning it how you like it. Fantastic sound quality and the sound blocking is great!