Any suitable motherboard for Intel i3-530 LGA 1156 socket processor?

swayamdas

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hi Guys, so all of a sudden my Intel DH55TC motherboard just won't turn ON :-( I have performed all the procedures mentioned in various walkthroughs and troubleshooting but none of it helped. On powering the cpu the motherboard's green light is ON but the power button isn't making it start up. I tried jump starting by a screwdriver but not even the cpu fans moved. So since I had purchased this in 2010 I am guessing its kinda dead and I should move on!

But my Intel i3-530 processor is absolutely fine! Any suitable motherboards that are still available and would work with this processor? I hope atleast to get the benefits of Intel's DH55TC in the alternate motherboard.

A local dealer advised me to move on to AMD. Any suggestions on that?

I have a GT 610 graphics card which I mount occasionally to play games.

LGA 1156 was a rather short lived socket, and has been out of production for 6 years, you're going to have a hard time finding a replacement. You're probably going to have to scour the used market to find a replacement at this point as most retailers are unlikely to still have any.

Right now I would not move to AMD, they are about to replace their current line up with new stuff, and most of what they are offering right now is quite obsolete, having been released 4 years ago. If you need a replacement now and don't need much in the way of CPU power, grab one of the new B250 or H270 motherboards with the LGA 1151 socket, some DDR4 RAM and get a Pentium G4560. It will outperfrom your old i3 530 by a fair amount and also give you access to more modern features like 6Gbps SATA and USB 3.0/3.1 support.

Elephant Bacon

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
I had a pc sent to me from a friend that built it. It has an i3 530 on an asus board. Those cpus go in 1156 boards. Anyway, the ram fell out and when I stuck it back in I couldn't get it to turn on. It had the same issues you explained. I had placed the ram in the wrong 2 slots of the 4. It would be quite lucky for you if the ram just needed to be moved to the other slots or even simply enough, just pushed back in completely.

I'd take them out and put them back in just to be sure. Those boards had a new feature for holding ram when they came out or so I read.

Good Luck