screen flickering at 60Hz/ cant use dvi cables to go to 100Hz or above

tacostand69

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
im using a vga cable at the moment because its the only cable i have that works without completebly breaking my monitor but it still flickers at 60Hz, when i use my other dvi cables (including the one that came with my 144Hz monitor) at anything above sixty and i turn my monitor off and turn it back on i cant see anything except whole screen artifacting and tearing and what looks like the effect of an old fashion tape burning.i would like to know how to fix both of these like if theres a cable i need or something i dont think its my gpu but im no expert. any help would be appreciated thanks

tacostand69

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
i attached the dvi and took out the vga and the screen just started doing some heavy artifacting and flickering and burning up like it usually does so i couldnt do anything and had to put the vga back in

Well then it sounds like an issue with the monitor. If it was a problem on the PC end the monitor menu would still probably come up. Have you tried turning it off and on when the DVI is attached?

Says this in manual too

"Connect the plug of the DVI-D Dual Link cable to the monitor video socket. Connect the other end of the cable (at the end with the ferrite filter) to the computer video socket. Tighten all finger screws to prevent the plugs from accidently falling out during use.

Ok. It should really adjust automatically thats the odd thing. It may take turning the monitor off and back on but thats about it.

Can you see the monitor menu with DVI connected? If you can, check color format is set to RGB in Advanced Picture settings, that DVI DL is selected under Input in System Settings. Also try toggling DDC/CI which allows or blocks the PC from controlling the settings.

You could even try resetting all settings if none of that works.

tacostand69

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
i've set it to sRGB because thats the only one thats close to RGB dunno if its ny different, i dont know where to go to do the 2nd option, and i've tried toggling DDC/CI off and i've reset everything and it still doesnt work.

tacostand69

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015

also i turned the monitor off and on again and it screwed up again with the dvi still in it, it started doing the "burning up" thing again and i had to0 put the vga back in

tacostand69

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
i've had the monitor for about 1 and a half years and the problem started about 6 months after buying and i've decided to try and fix it again because i tried back then but no one helped, but i'll try to contact benQ