I messed up my bios HELP

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hello so i got a new motherboard and i think i messed with the hard drive every time i turn my computer on it will say

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If windows files have been damged or configured incorrectly, Startup repair can help dignose and fix the problem...etc....

or this will appear A problem has been dectected and windows has been shut doen to prevsnt damge to your computer

and it also shows this error at the buttom 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A97R8, OXFFFFFFFFC00000034, 0x00000000000000000, 0x0P000000000000000

PLEASE HELP, BY THE WAY I DO GOT AN OPERATING SYSTEM IS WINDOWS 7

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

Well im using the same one i had,i just replace the motherboard

Everything work find untill i messed something with the bios and it tell me i could mess my computer up i dint know how to go back and i just click enter

gergguy

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
--Well im using the same one i had,i just replace the motherboard

If you replace the motherboard, it's a different computer.

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
I cant access the biox because it will fit pop the name of my motherboard the it will try to load windows then boom the error code shows up.And also if i wipe my hard drive would i be able to reinstall windows with my product key?

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007

0x0000007B
This BSOD means that the Microsoft Windows operating system has lost access to the system partition during startup. BSOD error code 0x0000007B may also show "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" on the same blue screen.

So its tough to say what is going on without a little more understanding. To just load another MOBO in without the MOBO drivers for the chipset will cause problems. Although normally you should be able to get it to boot to do the driver load.
Also, newer MOBOs (But not all) have a bios switch where you can switch between two of the same bios version. That way if one gets corrupted you have a backup. However, the earlier direction of removing the MOBO battery should accomplish the same task.
Additionally, you need to set the disk as the boot disk in the BIOS settings.
The 0x0000007B maybe because of a corruption of the MBR. IF that is the case and you've a full version (not OEM) of the Microsoft OS on CD, you can boot from the disk and at the command line do a "Fix MBR" command.

Without going into detail in the steps you took to setting up your new system its hard to tell where you may've gone wrong, as there are several failure modes here.

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

Thanks you help me! all i got to do is move the jumpers thanks you so much!
PROBLEM SOLVE

That stop error is usually sata related. It may have been in another computer and installed in IDE mode. Then put in this and it was on ahci mode.

Result this stop error, which means because it's in AHCI mode no sata drivers were installed, it cant find the hdd. It complains, with a 0x7b stop error

But it wont help if the hdd was in another system if it's not identical to this mobo.

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007

Ah right! I do recall something of that sort when I was dorking with my settings to set up a RAID. Quite possible the cause here.

XP users used to get this stop error

Because the XP cd didnt have sata drivers on it. People used to (or had to) install XP in IDE mode, then thought they'll be smart and change it to AHCI mode after.

Bad idea. You ended up with this stop error

But now you can slipstream sata drivers into an ISO then burn it. So it works like it should

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Im still having problems with it,I think i just found out that i dint messed the bios so basically here is what is happening,

Every time i go to my bios and click on "Save change and restart"
it will show that blue screen and i think the reason of the being is because i change my cpu aswell and i kept the same HDD and that HDD has my old driver from my old cpu and that probably what makes my pc to crash...

If im right please tell me what to do,im thinking on wiping my HDD but i dont know how to do that without having a working pc

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
ok so i change it do ide mode znd now it works but i keep on getting a message that i may have a victim of software counterfeiting

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017

So do you mean do i reinstall windows? Also for some reason it shows up as windows ultimate and my key says its windows premiun

And also if i do a clean instal do i have to uninstall windows or do i just enter the usb/cd

Its also telling me to type the key and i already did and it says it wont work with this edition

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Paul is correct. Between the number of hardware changes, and your strange change in version from premium to ultimate, you may have to do a full reinstall. The only hope MIGHT be that you call Microsoft, explain that you're premium install got "borked" from hardware change outs...give them your current key, and hope they can give you a new key that would work with all of the new hardware.
I would just do a clean re-install.

ViciousGaming

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
ok, i think im going to just buy another copy of windows,but do any of you know how to delete windows 7? do i delete system 32 or what