Downloads in Windows 10 Fail and other network related problems

ShakeNBlake12

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
When I attempt to download something, I repeatedly get a "Failed - Network Error". Sometimes I can disable the Lan port and connect to wifi using my wifi card and I can download a file but it seems that trick also stopped working some times. I am also having a hard time downloading windows updates, it either fails or stays at the same percentage.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my Intel Lan driver with the driver from my motherboards driver page.

May be unrelated, but I have also had problems installing Microsoft office 365 and kept getting codes related to a bad network. Also, sometimes pages seem to take too long to load or 60% of the page will load but it wont load fully. (Facebook/youtube will load the main structure of the pages, but specific posts will not load)

Any ideas of how to fix this would be amazing. I would rather not have to reinstall windows and have to backup/reload all my programs and data.

larkspur

Distinguished
Is all of this happening on the same router and network? Are any other devices having issues on that network? Have you tried power-cycling the router? Can you try it on a different network to confirm that the PC is the problem and not the network? You might want to check for new router firmware.