Microphone recognised as input and output device

BlueCarrot

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
TLDR;
Microphone is picked up by Windows 10 as both an input and output device. Some audio goes through headphones but game audio such as in CSGO does not. The microphone is set as the default device which I cannot change. I am looking to just disable the output device of the microphone.

Hi all,
My microphone that I have had for 3 years since Windows 7 has recently had some conflicts with Windows 10. The microphone has an audio jack on the back for listening to the microphone feedback, but Windows 10 wrongly picks this up as a genuine output device as well as an input device, so when I plug it into my PC (it doesn't have any drivers), Windows automatically sets it as my default output device which I cannot then change. It also doesn't let me disable just the speakers in the 'output devices' window, or in device manager. When it is plugged in, I get things such as youtube and itunes going through my headphones even though they are not the default device but in games such as CSGO the audio won't play through the headphones unless I unplug/disable the microphone which obviously means that I can't actually use it as a microphone.
Any help on how to just disable the speaker side of the microphone?

BlueCarrot

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from BlueCarrot : "Microphone recognised as input and output device [Windows 10]"

TLDR;
Microphone is picked up by Windows 10 as both an input and output device. Some audio goes through headphones but game audio such as in CSGO does not. The microphone is set as the default device which I cannot change. I am looking to just disable the output device of the microphone.

Hi all,
My microphone that I have had for 3 years since Windows 7 has recently had some conflicts with Windows 10. The microphone has an audio jack on the back for listening to the microphone feedback, but Windows 10 wrongly picks this up as a genuine output device as well as an input device, so when I plug it into my PC (it doesn't have any drivers), Windows automatically sets it as my default output device which I cannot then change. It also doesn't let me disable just the speakers in the 'output devices' window, or in device manager. When it is plugged in, I get things such as youtube and itunes going through my headphones even though they are not the default device but in games such as CSGO the audio won't play through the headphones unless I unplug/disable the microphone which obviously means that I can't actually use it as a microphone.
Any help on how to just disable the speaker side of the microphone?