Can my setup run HTC Vive games at decent frame rate and quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLKiger

Reputable
Dec 1, 2016
I'm trying not to spend and money on a new GPU because I just got the 1050 Ti Gigabyte Oc Edition I don't know if I will need to upgrade again to play the HTC Vive. Please help, thank you. BTW I have the 1050 Ti Gigabyte Oc Edition , the AMD FX-8320 and 16 Gigabytes of Ram. Also I can not find the 6 pin connector on my psu and it is 300 Watts. That is why I bought the 1050 Ti. If I have to upgrade please tell me specifically what items. I know if I have to get a new gpu, I have to get a new PSU. Anyway Thank you in advanced.

Solution
it will work but slowly, not a fast and confortable experience

for that you need a gtx 1060 or a rx480 minimum

for cpu you need a zen cpu, not available yet or a i5 or i7

if your psu is only 300 watts is under the minimum requirements to run that psu and that cpu, you need a new psu, a real psu, a psu without a 6 or 8 pin power connector is a very old or a very bad psu, upgrade your psu

the gpu is nice and fast but not for vr that has to move as fast as possible two screens on the htc, each eye is a screen, that card is meant to be used for one screen at 1080p, nothing more, a demanding vr game will run at 10 or 15 fps, you need at least 30, and that can give you motion sickness, won't be a good experience

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
it will work but slowly, not a fast and confortable experience

for that you need a gtx 1060 or a rx480 minimum

for cpu you need a zen cpu, not available yet or a i5 or i7

if your psu is only 300 watts is under the minimum requirements to run that psu and that cpu, you need a new psu, a real psu, a psu without a 6 or 8 pin power connector is a very old or a very bad psu, upgrade your psu

the gpu is nice and fast but not for vr that has to move as fast as possible two screens on the htc, each eye is a screen, that card is meant to be used for one screen at 1080p, nothing more, a demanding vr game will run at 10 or 15 fps, you need at least 30, and that can give you motion sickness, won't be a good experience

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.