windows needs to be repaired windows 10

Shuten

Honorable
Aug 11, 2014
Hello, I am having an issue where I cant boot my pc. after the manufacturers screen i get the recovery error blue screen. it says:
Boot configuration data is missing or somethings changed. it gives me error 0xc000000d
i can only get to advanced options through a usb bootable drive with windows 10 in it
I have tried system restore and it wont let me, says taht i need to select the os and then select restore point. i tried using start up repair but that didnt work either. I tried using command prompt,
i used bootrec /fix mbr
bootrec /fixboot
and they worked fine when i did. when i tried bootrec /rebuild bcd it says it found one installation thing which is my e drive, tahts the usb, i hit yes and it says system installation file cant be find or something like that. I dunno what to do after that. My guess is that my windows has gotten corrupted and i dont think theres any coming back from that and now just a clean install seems to be my only solution available to me at the moment. I wouldnt have any problem with that except that i have some files on there that i really need to save. If this issue cant be fixed without a clean install, can someone tell me if theres a way to save some data from it before i wipe it clean?

Solution
the installer asks for partition and if it should be formatted, you say no, it will keep everything and move it to a folder if required, the rest will be reused but since you are not experienced with this task, i mentioned linux to copy files outside the hard disk

the linux livecd doesn't run windows, it is his own os and just will let you open hard disk if it is not encrypted or has a damaged partition

another option is take out the hard disk, connect it on another machine that is working and copy files from it to the other machine

if the machine is new on some countries take out the hard disk is considered as voiding the warranty so should be your last option

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
if you reinstall you don't have to format the hard disk so the profiles and the user will not be lost, you can use a linux livecd to open the hard disk, if the partition is not damaged, you can copy your files to a external media but there is no guarantee of it working for multiple security reasons like bitlocker possibly present on your pc and other details like uefi secure boot enabled

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the installer asks for partition and if it should be formatted, you say no, it will keep everything and move it to a folder if required, the rest will be reused but since you are not experienced with this task, i mentioned linux to copy files outside the hard disk

the linux livecd doesn't run windows, it is his own os and just will let you open hard disk if it is not encrypted or has a damaged partition

another option is take out the hard disk, connect it on another machine that is working and copy files from it to the other machine

if the machine is new on some countries take out the hard disk is considered as voiding the warranty so should be your last option

Solution